the great big interior design and accessories thread

Comments

• edited 6:38PM
    RGB wallpaper
    that wallpaper... i decided months ago that i hated it, but it's growing on me. now i wish i'd thought of it. :D

what bothers me is the colour. no room should be any of those colours. imo.

Salt

Roberto Tweraser
    well, yeah. the blue doesn't work very well at all. i actually prefer the look of it in white light, but i can see the (initial) attraction of the gimmick.
    Red Lights rule!!!~ you are both crazy!(blue & green lights bad though~so maybe you not all crazy...just a 1/3)
    i agree it's a fine gimmick.

red lights rule if you don't want to see what you're doing. that's almost never the case for me. :)

"Clown Nose" canisters

Tomas Kral
    Linna Armchair furniture design
    The Linna Armchair
    design revisits historical elements like avant-garde and memory. The chair is made of solid wood with multilaminated shells in the seat and back allowing for a variety of forms, and the material is in harmony with the human body.
    that thing looks impossible.

i get that the carbon fibre shit will be strong enough, but how thick are those walls, and how far in to them are the hooks embedded? :D
    handpainted periodic table of elements table
    Periodic Table of the Elements

This great table was conceived of by Ted at Thames & Kosmos, to serve as the company's conference table and reference their specialty; scientific toys. It's 16 whopping feet long and features a large slice of the periodic table, each element hand painted (and jubilantly, by me) in a different typeface. The table was designed and fabricated by Jackson Morley.

Restless legs (2010)
    Spring Wood - verend hout

Materiaal: essen
    Afmetingen: 360 x 360 x 450
    Prijs: v.a. € 695,-
    'AP' stool by shin azumi
    'AP' stool by shin azumi
    'AP
    ' by london-based, japanese born designer shin azumi for italian manufacturer lapalma, is a stool with a mono-coque structure, created from a single sheet of plywood. the aim of the design is to maximize functionality within a minimal structure. the seat and body seamlessly merge from one to the other in a single fluid motion. the stool has a large contact area between itself and the floor to disperse pressure and increase the stability.
    oof, nice
  • That spring wood chair could pinch your bum! Or worse.
    Hehe, I guess it could! Best wear a stab vest in your pants ;)
    My bed is a duck, your argument is invalid

i have little idea of what that is all about. i'd buy one, though :D
    whale knives
    whale knives
    , ideal for chopping up your wha... oh, hang on. look lovely though :D
    lantern light design spun aluminium, copper and glass
    lantern light design spun aluminium, copper and glass

Lantern - height adjustable light

Made from spun aluminium, copper and glass, the lamps of the Lantern series operate within a typological framework, which finds its place somewhere between a floor lamp and a pendant lamp. By means of a clamp mechanism situated inside the lamps, they can be adjusted in height between floor and ceiling, moving it along the cord. With this in mind, the cable is, unusually, fed through the centre of the lamp. The configuration of lamp shade and cable utilises the geometry of the production processes and puts the traditional materiality into a new aesthetic and functional context.
    woodwool cement board used to decorate interior wall design hexagon
    The sound absorbing Träullit Hexagon Panels by Form Us With Love
    are made from wood, cement and water.
    The process of making wood wool cement is quite simple: wood slivers is cut from logs, then mixed with water and cement and put in a mould to dry into shape. The result is a material that is environmentally friendly, water resistant, moisture and sound absorbant.
    not entirely sure how the 'mixed with cement' bit results in an environmentally friendly material, but hey, looks cool.
  • ^ cool...looks just like defragging a hard drive.
    ^^ Excellent, been looking for lots of animation recently.

Something from Us
    , a London based multi-disciplinary design studio, have designed the interior for Poncho No.8, a small Mexican food restaurant in the Spitalfields area of London.

i wonder if they are licenced, because after a few bevvies, i reckon i'd be falling up that floor haha
    yo dawg... etc
    matt damon's apartment interior design from adjustment bureau

A first look at the loft owned by Matt Damon's character in The Adjustment Bureau
    . Production designer Kevin Thompson dreamed up an industrial chic loft overlooking Madison Square Park, carving the loft out of a raw space in a disused office building. "We wanted a very masculine, spare vibe," Thompson says. Set decorator Susan Bode-Tyson visited local antiques dealers to put together a collection of appropriately masculine props: vintage footballs, yachting flags, gas station signs, even a ping pong table.
    the bentwood lampshade makes it all happen. :)

The Sepii Chair

this is just so odd, and yet ... yes, please; i'll have one.

the legs are mounted on a separate piece that is set into a routed out area on the bottom of the seat.

via K to N Studio
    it's a little bit milking stool. but ok, in a gimmicky (see that nc?) kinda way :)
    bo bushnell photographs interior design of graphic artist nacho's home

bo bushnell
    captures the home environment of graphic artist nacho. odd. amazing. odd.

interior design photography
    quirky interior design photography

you guys should really check out the rest f the images, at larger sizes, on the linked site. wonderfully quirky, fabulously kooky.
    photographer (him) and stylist, designer and creative director (her) loft studio in the King Plow Art Center
    photographer (him) and stylist, designer and creative director (her) loft studio in the King Plow Art Center
    a chair with human guts spewing out
    imac wallmounted bare concrete walls minimal interior design
    sexy sounds fitting together a beautiful eames ottoman :D (sad, you think? hah!)

love the eames chris, no, not sad at all :)
    Moments of Growth, from ann van hoey ceramics
    moments of growth
    By means of an origami-inspired folding technique, the nascent flower, still only a bud, defolds in three frozen moments, to ultimately form the calyx of a blossoming flower. In this third moment of the growing process, the flow¬er almost reaches back the form from which it originally/technically sprang, the hemisphere, thus being at the same time the first and the last invisible moment.

This installation, called "Moments of Growth", has deliberately been kept simple, free from any additional decoration or glaze in order to emphasize the purity of the form and to preserve the natural colour of the clay.
    Moments of Growth, from ann van hoey ceramics
    moments of growth
    By means of an origami-inspired folding technique, the nascent flower, still only a bud, defolds in three frozen moments, to ultimately form the calyx of a blossoming flower. In this third moment of the growing process, the flow¬er almost reaches back the form from which it originally/technically sprang, the hemisphere, thus being at the same time the first and the last invisible moment.

This installation, called "Moments of Growth", has deliberately been kept simple, free from any additional decoration or glaze in order to emphasize the purity of the form and to preserve the natural colour of the clay.

Dinder House
    , a historic Georgian building in Somerset, England, is like a child’s drawing of a house: three stories high, with floor-to-ceiling windows and a slate roof. Completed in 1801 for the Rev. William Somerville (think Jane Austen), it sits on 23 acres of landscaped and walled gardens, in a valley with a Constable-worthy view of the church spire in the village after which it is named. Like many large old English houses, Dinder House was converted to commercial use (in this case by a shoe company rather than, say, a hotel) in recent times, but in 2004 it was bought by Chris and Jo Mycock, the owners of a successful I.T. company. Four years (and five architects) later, they finally moved in, once the soul of the building had been restored — as a family house, for a modern family — by the London designer Ilse Crawford.
    chair made from plastic hangers
    coat check chair
    from Joey Zeledón on coroflot

FAVN
    - new sofa by Jaime Hayón for Fritz Hansen. though, i only posted it here because i like the overall aesthetic of the photo, rather than the sofa itself.

Designed by Depiction Lab
    , The Home Quarter is located in the heart of Liverpool One's multi million pound development and is the North's leading destination for interiors, boasting an extensive collection of cutting edge brands including BoConcept and Calligaris. A totally unique concept to the high street, with proven success in their Leeds based sister store Redbrick Mill, The Home Quarter diminishes both rent and walls for each retail brand, with lease based entirely on a turnover basis and customers free to wonder from brand to brand, between competitors spaces.

Depiction Lab's aim was to design a classic, yet inspiring space for The Home Quarter, seamlessly integrating the mix of varying brands within the environment. The design creates a dialogue with the consumer, with simple, yet impactful graphic statements navigating them throughout the space and encouraging them to move between two buildings.

wood grain acrylic (glass-like) transparent table-top
    . looks kinda cool, but i do wonder just how plasticy it feels... :D
    if that was made out of tempered glass then it would be sweet!
    You say that, but I reckon the acrylic is pretty thick and weighty, adding enough gravitas to the object.
    a pair of bird's nest~y staircases, beautifully messy.

east hotel bird's nest staircase
    east hotel

Villa la Roche woven steel encased staircase
    villa la roche
    those stairs! wonderful!

who's going to clean all those struts? :D

speaking of glass-topped tables

G1 Glass Pool Table