Holy cow.

Comments

• edited 9:30PM
    Holy cow indeed!
    hott
    The api lets you take the contents of specific HTML elements and draw them into a canvas, and the 3rd element in that list is just begging to be abused. Copying video into a canvas element means opening up the ability to manipulate or process video frames at runtime. Two concepts instantly came to mind that seemed like fun to try and figure out, here they are below.

Blowing up HTML5 and mapping it into 3D space:

(click on the pix for the demo)

he chose explode and rotate.
    i have an HTML5 question related to Safari.

when it became an option, i chose to view YouTube and Vimeo vids with HTML5 instead of flash. it worked great, but i found that about 1/3 of the time, the audio would whack out into 60-cycle buzzings.

so, back to Flash.... dammit.

anyone know what it might be? me or webkit? :)
    one for base.. html5 gaming!
    http://code.google.com/p/quake2-gwt-port/
  • amam
    edited 9:30PM
    Would be good if someone could compile that one :)
    Sports Illustrated Magazine - HTML5

interactive infographic:

HTML5 readiness
    Compatibility tables for features in HTML5, CSS3, SVG and other upcoming web technologies.
    When Can I Use....
    Apple's 'HTML5 Showcase'... or 'reasons not to use flash'! Hahaha

www.apple.com/html5
    "This demo was designed with the latest web standards supported by Safari. If you’d like to experience this demo, simply download Safari."
    well, FUCK and YOU
    be-jot said..."This demo was designed with the latest web standards supported by Safari. If you’d like to experience this demo, simply download Safari."
    well, FUCK and YOU
    LOL :happy:
  • edited July 2010
    ...I suppose they could have said "simply download Safari 'or Google Chrome'"! :smile:

Bloody hell they've blocked that! I see what you mean now!
    there you have it
    Certain pixel areas cycle through a palette of colors to suggest animation. (this is very interesting... you can play with the settings.)

Canvas Cycle
    those are freaking cool!!! reminds me of early 80's console game graphics. :)
    meska said...Check out this Sketchpad application.

Holy cow.
    Sweet - I'm only at the first link and I'm hooked on this conversation. Nice time killer
    i recognize that guy! ;)
    HAHAHHA - NO ya don't!

(I own no pink fringed sweaters!)
    you might consider it. :) pink is good on men. fringe ... hmmm ...maybe. do you dance? fringe is good when dancing. *nod*
  • edited February 2011
    mick said...you might consider it. :) pink is good on men. fringe ... hmmm ...maybe. do you dance? fringe is good when dancing. *nod*
    I don't really dance... or at least, when I do, it's probably entertaining to watch (in a "slow down and gawk at the trainwreck" sort of way)...

I have a pink pony on one of my shirts. Does that count?:smile:
  • edited February 2011
    Or a rainbow colored monkey...
    rainbow monkey