the great big packaging design thread

Comments

• edited 7:05PM

from here

Danish phenom Louise Campbell's
    latest design blew our lids off: a trio of mod white jars held together with pretty pastel-colored rubber bands; each jar comes with six so you can swap them out depending on your mood!

Nice packaging design from Denver based designer Jim Hargreaves.
    J.Hampton Apothecary is a high-end line of men's shaving products. Inspired by the Industrial Era and the days of apothecaries and patent medicines, the design expresses a sense of tradition and genuine quality - the perfect fit for today's discerning gentleman.
    heroin in a bottle
    found on the dieline

ASKUL Batteries

Design by Stockholm Design
    first, and possibly last time i'll say this, but those batteries are pretty fucking hott, yo!
    mmmminimalicious!
    this is really smart.

foldy media case
    nice :)
    Tabula Rossa
    This is a line of detergents called “Tabula Rossa”
    , a derivative of "Tabula Rasa", a Latin phrase for “clean slate”. The subsequent title “You Smell” is an immediate eye-catcher, as it is eloquently presented, yet is initially insulting until the reverse side of the product is read. It continues to say “Like a Lemon!...Thanks to us!”. The sarcastic romance copy on the remaining sides creates an entire experience for the viewer, enticing them to continue turning the product in search of something new. It is printed on Neenah Laid paper to offer a subtle tactile quality.
    megan cummins
    abnormal vodka
    abnormal vodka
    , no-neck bottle
    From The Partners, this won numerous awards last year, it's a lovely idea, where you re-use the clay plant pot to encourage more honey making in the future!
    Source the dieline

nice concept... :)
    does this count as packaging? :)

everything's ok

roll of tape
  • edited October 2008
    Lanjaron Water - innovative PET water bottle
  • found this in the shop on friday and had to buy it.
    haha what does that taste like?
    howling monkey
    Howling Monkey Beer
    , a now-defunct brand which is a case study in some design schools. Packing design by Turner Duckworth. The client allegedly said "Howling Monkey is the name. Have some fun with it”...
  • chris said...haha what does that taste like?
    haven't actually opened it yet.

wonder how Howling Monkey tastes. the bottle's large opening reminds me of the Mickey's Bigmouth brand. Mickey's was once marketed with the slogan "For people who want more than taste from their beer". naturally, at 18, i fell for that as well. also comes in 16, 24 and 40 oz. bottles.
    Mickey's
  • CPUCPU
    edited 7:05PM
    Thought that would fit in here:

lol

where's that from, cpu? any idea who they are?
    boarding pass wine
    squapple said...lol

where's that from, cpu? any idea who they are?
    info here, squap. quite interesting, and a shame about their newer packaging.
  • chris - as an aside - regarding moxie sozo

At a staff lunch about one month ago, the news was released to the designers of Moxie Sozo. Leif Steiner, Founder/Creative Director, would be taking them on a 2-week trip. Where will they be going? No one knows. Armed with a packing list, Yellow Fever vaccinations, Malaria pills, and a few other items from sponsors like Sierra Designs, the designers will be boarding a plane to a third world country.

This is the original letter:

November 2 – 16th
    I’m not telling you where we’re going.
    You need a passport. You may need to expedite it. If you don’t have it before November 2nd, you won’t be able to go. This means take care of this as soon as possible. Like today for example.

I’ll be paying for flights, basic food, shelter, and transportation. Snow cones and beers are extra.

We’re going to be traveling rough. If you want the four seasons, this trip will not be for you. This won’t even be a motel 6. We will most likely be staying in cheap hotels, hostels, and possibly sleeping in close proximity to each other and possibly other people. In fact, we’re going to seek this out.

Expect to be hot, cold, tired, sometimes hungry, cramped. And there may be flies or other bugs. There may be other inconveniences and annoyances. Like lack of toilets and showers and certainly hot water. And maybe even lack of privacy.

We won’t be relaxing on a beach or sitting in one place. We’ll have a lot of ground to cover in a short amount of time.

We’re not seeking out any danger, but we won’t necessarily always be in the safest places. If you want to bring pepper spray, consider bringing it. I doubt you’ll get killed.
    So be ready not to complain. Most of you are going to be outside of your comfort zone, but every one of you can handle this.

In the coming weeks, I’ll let you know what you need to bring. It won’t be much — we’ll be traveling light. Everything in one backpack.
    You don’t have to go if you don’t want to go. You are absolutely welcome to stay and work. But you’ll be missing out on an excellent adventure. ;)

Leif

[hide]boarded a plane to The Lost City of The Incas. They’ll be hiking through the Andes, cruising the Amazon, exploring Machu Picchu and trying to avoid getting mugged or kidnapped in Peru.[/hide]
    lfm, i thought that it was going to say "they went to new york" :D

cool as ten bears, though - i've only just read it (soz!)
    chris said...lfm, i thought that it was going to say "they went to new york" :D
    :D :D
  • edited November 2008
    limited edition orangina bottle
    Limited run artist designed Orangina bottles.
    This set was designed around the French catch phrase, C'est la vie, using the lyrics to Alanis Morriset's Ironic to convey the idea. Designed by Yuri Majic.

Swedish tea and coffee reseller Johan & Nyström have released a new line of 14 luxury teas.
    Teasy T Exclusive comes in eco-friendly bamboo tubes with stylish labels by Seforma.
    ikea pasta packaging
    no way! a box of wine, yummy :D

hauswein Bag In Box: Nr. 05 (5 l)
    hauswein.de

Simple and stylish visual identity
    and labels designed by Hald Engel and his team for Indslev Brewing.
    Nice. The matte highlights retouched on the shiny bottles look kind of sexy as well. Like a satin effect glass.
    wine box is hawt
    hehe, check out page 2 in this thread ;)

that is still some sexy chocolate!
    I'm not listening to anyone who ring rings me anymore... I'm sorry I didn't know it was on page 2 and I'm not going to review every post to see if something's been posted before.

/rant :wink:
    they say that the memory is the first thing to go.
    Now then.. where did I put my specs?
    It was worth the *bump* anyway, nicko. I had to use the Coming to America reference somehow ;)
    This belongs in here too:
    urbansurgeon said...

via: 2modern
    mmmmmedicine