the great big interior design and accessories thread

edited February 2007 in creations
first off, making your own stuff is probably a good idea, eh?

curbly diy design community also offers some great advice on this type of thing :)

Comments

• edited 7:04PM
    doing this could result in forced medication in some places, you have been warned :D
    i colour coded my bookshelfs and CDs, everyone just made fun of me and/or moved books to random spots …
    hehe i'm pretty sure you told me you'd done that, and i laughed at you too :(

i do apologise - you should have posted a photo of it, cos it looks rad (i used some australian there for you ;))
    jesse:i colour coded my bookshelfs and CDs, everyone just made fun of me and/or moved books to random spots …
    I haven't LOLed so hard for days...
  • edited August 2010
    pear sink

al dente shower head
    The sink is amazing.
    Anyone else try out this app yet? I've be using it toy redesign my Living room and office, starting to get ideas for my bedroom too. Just thought I'd share if no one's heard of it yet.

Live Interior 3D
    How did you manage to download it websnap...? it says coming in february...?
  • edited February 2007
    I had grabbed it when it was a beta, about Two months ago, I can post it to rapidshare or something, I'm sure if you look on any torrent sites, You'll find it.

Can I post a link to it here? It's not stolen (since it was freely available from them very recently) I don't want the site to get in trouble, nor do I want any undue heat to our little community.
  • edited February 2007
    post away! i'm not sure anyone really cares :)

(until someone sends a 'cease and desist')
  • edited February 2007
    If this is bad, feel free to edit my post.

from the guys that brought you the magnificent oled keyboard (that didn't deliver anywhere as good as it should have)!

Verbarius

Will be available for sale on November 1. Price until September 1st—158.25 US$, after September 1st—183.12 US$

Verbarius is the first clock in the world that writes the time in a humane way. Five languages are available: English, German, Spanish, French and Russian. You can upload any other language—from Latin to Gaelic—through a PC.

The Verbarius clock answers the question “What time is it?” writing a different reply every time it’s asked: it’s either forty-five minutes past four, or fifteen minutes to five, or four forty-five, or a quarter to five.
  • edited August 2010
    the boss just sent me this link - varierfurniture.com

i bet these are quite pricey ;)
  • ihcihc
    edited 7:04PM
    ive tried out one the bottom ones

freaks you out at the tipping point over to full recline
    That first chair is gorgeous and would look fantastic in my apartment
    ihc:ive tried out one the bottom ones

freaks you out at the tipping point over to full recline
    i'd imagine my arms would be flailing around as i tipped it back too, eyes wide with fright :D

...but it'd be worth it just to watch other people try sitting in it too :)
  • edited February 2007
    Any one know what the price points are for the Tok and the Gravity? I'm looking for a "music Listening Chair" and either of there look perfect.
    i've seen the gravity for sale at £1299.

yes, one thousand, two hundred and ninety nine british pounds.
  • edited August 2010

white goods, in colour! designer washers from lg
  • edited August 2010

some of the stuff at gore design co is fucking amazing, including this 'erosion' sink. wouldn't fancy cleaning it though hehe
  • edited August 2010
    gore floating concrete desk

...like this floating concrete desk, woah!
    chris:i've seen the gravity for sale at £1299.

So that would be $2,955.28 Canadian, plus 13% tax. Ikea is looking REALLY good right now.
    websnap:
    chris:i've seen the gravity for sale at £1299.

So that would be $2,955.28 Canadian, plus 13% tax. Ikea is looking REALLY good right now.
    you should be able to find a canadian stockist for their stuff, it would no doubt work off much cheaper than rip-off britain prices :)

they'd possibly just swap the pound symbol for the dollar symbol. (it's what apple seem to do... grrr)
  • edited February 2007

cleverly titled ant'ique wallpaper has a pattern which is made up of tiny ants :)
  • ihcihc
    chris:...like this floating concrete desk, woah!
    floating? - its like thunderbirds - i can see the wires!
    hehe, ok, you gots me! :D

...and i would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids...
    more led clockage -

you say tomayto
  • edited August 2010

Mogga was designed for small spaces. Imaginary scenario was created by the designer where people would need a chair that could be turned into a table without many problems. Function was inspired by old breadboxes and was tested on another design project leading to the Mogga design.

Materials: MDF/Pine
    H720 W640 D800
    Year: 2002
    view quicktime animation - 550kb

omarsson.com/mogga
    a bit risky, after some some true design classics, but here's my office, designed by, well, us.
    dude, i LIKE it! i like the glass wall, an is that wood paneling on a wall at the back i see? did you design/make the desks/tables too?

pendant lamp with a twist, yo!

bonluxat.com - loads of cool things
    thx, and, yeah, we did the tables too, aluminum frames and oak or white top. The wood panelling is on a freestanding box that contains the server, printers and other such crap you don't want in sight.
  • ihcihc
    your office is wad tidier than mine

have you been in there long?
    http://www.100per.com/ for the bamboo strip lights seen here
    seriosuly cool colour changing tiles from movingcolor.net
    ihc:your office is wad tidier than mine

have you been in there long?
    we moved in last august. I'm the one in the middle, obscured by the glass door/monitor, and those two desks are no where near as tidy as the one you see in front, unfortunately...
    btw we just replaced all crt-s/towers with 20" iMacs, looks really good (and resulted in a big reduction of noise too, I never knew how much all those vents disturbed me until they were gone, really nice)

"so mr. bond, we meet again..."
  • edited August 2010

sew a zip onto some wallpaper, stick something of a different colour underneath it, voila! (voila what, i don't know...).

samantha johnson design
  • ihcihc
    edited February 2007
    ours office just got featured in a *wallpaper fashion shoot - not that you can see anything of the office as its in one of the meeting rooms. the same big old building covered in blue fins is visible over the street though

page 195 current issue i believe

interview with the photographer and our meeting room at the top of the page: http://www.wallpaper.com/news/InterviewGDN_Hannah_Starkey/1295

and here: http://www.wallpaper.com/directory/Allies_&_Morrison/263
    Here's a good article about Storage compartments/closet solutions. Really nice stuff.

Dressings
    man, that desk is waaaay cooler than i'd first thunked. great stuff, that!