Comments

• edited 7:45PM
    I really like willem dafoe!, I saw hime there :happy:
    I really hate that other ring fucker, you know, the midget? (elijah wood)
    the flick looks nice, but isn't this a chick flick?
    silent:...the flick looks nice, but isn't this a chick flick?
    dude, I'm a romantic and I watch Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain at least 10 times a year so I love flicks like "Paris, Je T’Aime" =]
    I know that Amelie, I really like it!
    I was just asking... I have nothing against the chicks flicks type, I do enjoy viewing most :)
    I liked the trailer and am looking forward to watching it. Looks sweet and quirky.
    hey Websnap! remember me?
    Of, course. How's the little one? Glad to see you on the new board.
    I've got two already (and another on the way!)
    How're you?!
  • edited May 2007
    lol. talk about hijacking a thread =] 10 points, gentlemen. Have you thought of starting a seperate thread where you can whisper to each other? =]
    silent:I've got two already (and another on the way!)
    How're you?!
    None for me. We'll reconsider after she finnishes school, but nither of us are in any rush, by any stretch of the imagination.
    chicken:lol. talk about hijacking a thread =] 10 points, gentlemen. Have you thought of starting a seperate thread where you can whisper to each other? =]
    Your request has been submitted and is being reviewed by the proper personnel... You will receive conformation of the resulting action in a fortnight.
    Looks good, love the coen brothers...wes craven not so much...but emily mortimer is in it, love her...Match Point ruled!
  • edited May 2007
    The Kingdom

A team of U.S. government agents is sent to investigate the bombing of an American facility in the Middle East.

Peter Berg (dir.)
    Jamie Foxx
    Jennifer Garner
    Jason Bateman
    Chris Cooper
    Andrew Esposito
    This looks like it could be pretty good, I like Jason Bateman
  • edited May 2007
    Fido

Welcome to Willard, a small town lost in the idyllic world of the 50’s, where the sun shines every day, everybody knows their neighbor, and rotting zombies deliver the mail. Years ago, the earth passed through a cloud of space dust, causing the dead to rise with a craving for human flesh. A war began, pitting the living against the dead. In the ensuing revolution, a corporation was born: ZomCon, who defeated the legions of undead, and domesticated the zombies, making them our industrial workers, our domestic servants - a productive part of society. ZomCon would like the people of Willard to believe they have everything under control... but do they? Timmy Robinson doesn’t think so. At eleven, Timmy already knows the world is phony baloney - Mom and Dad just won’t admit it. Now ZomCon’s head of security has moved in across the street, and Timmy’s Mom refuses to be the only housewife on the block who doesn’t have a zombie of her own. When she brings a zombie servant home, Timmy discovers a new best friend, and names him Fido. And even though Dad has a bad case of zombie-phobia, Timmy is determined to keep Fido, even if he does eat the odd person...

Comedy
    Rating: R
    In Theatres: June 15th, 2007

Andrew Currie (dir.)
    Carrie-Ann Moss
    Billy Connolly
    K’Sun Ray
    Henry Czerny
    Dylan Baker
    Hehe, I like certain chick flicks too. Paris, Je T’Aime looked interesting indeed.
    I am Legend

Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable…and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City…and maybe the world. But he is not alone. He is surrounded by “the Infected”—victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path. For three years, Neville has spent his days scavenging for food and supplies and faithfully sending out radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. All the while, the Infected lurk in the shadows, watching Neville’s every move, waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind’s last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But his blood is also what The Infected hunt, and Neville knows he is outnumbered and quickly running out of time.
    Yay, zombies!
    I think it's vampires, but I share your yay.
    The Invasion

I preferred the remake with Donald Sutherland

No it doesn't :D The 3D statue in the end is just sooo bad :D

Well, that's what happens when you push the trailer out before the CGI is completed.
    chicken:This looks good
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/
    jussi-k:No it doesn't :D The 3D statue in the end is just sooo bad :D

Well, that's what happens when you push the trailer out before the CGI is completed.
    I wasn't really talking about the CGI
    The 11th Hour

”The 11th Hour” is the last moment when change is possible. The film explores how we’ve arrived at this moment — how we live, how we impact the earth’s ecosystems, and what we can do to change our course. Featuring ongoing dialogues of experts from all over the world, including former Soviet Prime Minister Mikhail Gorbachev, renowned scientist Stephen Hawking, former head of the CIA R. James Woolsey and sustainable design experts William McDonough and Bruce Mau in addition to over 50 leading scientists, thinkers and leaders who discuss the most important issues that face our planet and people.
  • edited July 2007
    jussi-k:No it doesn't :D The 3D statue in the end is just sooo bad :D

i think saying the statue looked "sooo bad" is a bit of a stretch, i dont work with 3D(or CGI) but i do watch movies...
    Hmm, interesting:

Vantage Point
    InPeace:Hmm, interesting:

Vantage Point
    looks good! can't wait =)
    No End In Sight

The first film of its kind to chronicle the reasons behind Iraq’s descent into guerilla war, warlord rule, criminality and anarchy, NO END IN SIGHT is a jaw-dropping, insider’s tale of wholesale incompetence, recklessness and venality. Based on over 200 hours of footage, the film provides a candid retelling of the events following the fall of Baghdad in 2003 by high ranking officials such as former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, Ambassador Barbara Bodine (in charge of Baghdad during the Spring of 2003), Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff to Colin Powell, and General Jay Garner (in charge of the occupation of Iraq through May 2003), as well as Iraqi civilians, American soldiers and prominent analysts. NO END IN SIGHT examines the manner in which the principal errors of U.S. policy - the use of insufficient troop levels, allowing the looting of Baghdad, the purging of professionals from the Iraqi government and the disbanding of the Iraqi military - largely created the insurgency and chaos that engulf Iraq today.
    Halloween

From acclaimed musician and filmmaker Rob Zombie (The Devil’s Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) comes an entirely new take on the highly success film and terrifying Halloween legacy that began in 1978. While revealing a new chapter in the established Michael Myers saga, the film will surprise both classic and modern horror fans with a departure from prior films in the Halloween franchise. Audiences should brace themselves for unprecendented fear as Zombie turns back time to uncover the making of a pathologically disturbed, even cursed child named Michael Myers.
    Reservation Road
    A compelling tale of the lure of revenge and the power of redemption. The drama revolves around two fathers whose families and lives tragically converge with the death of a child. In the aftermath, Ethan (two-time Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix) and Dwight (Mark Ruffalo) each react in unexpected ways as their families struggle to cope and an emotional reckoning looms. Academy Award winner Jennifer Connelly plays Grace, Ethan’s wife; Academy Award winner Mira Sorvino plays Ruth, Dwight’s ex-wife.

Manda Bala (Send a Bullet)
    A cinematic bullet into the cerebral cortex, a documentary that unflinchingly exploring the cycles of violence that plague Brazil’s upper and lower economic classes in fits of rampant corruption and violent kidnappings. The film chronicles these cycles by utilizing highly personalized stories that reflect the growing truth about Brazil’s huge economic disparities-differences that cause violence on both sides of the spectrum.
    Eastern Promises
    The new thriller from director David Cronenberg reteams him with his “A History of Violence” leading man Viggo Mortensen. The film follows the mysterious and ruthless Nikolai (Mr. Mortensen), who is tied to one of London’s most notorious organized crime families. His carefully maintained existence is jarred when he crosses paths with Anna (Academy Award nominee Naomi Watts), an innocent midwife trying to right a wrong, who accidentally uncovers potential evidence against the family. Now Nikolai must put into motion a harrowing chain of murder, deceit, and retribution.
    chicken:Halloween

From acclaimed musician and filmmaker Rob Zombie (The Devil’s Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) comes an entirely new take on the highly success film and terrifying Halloween legacy that began in 1978. While revealing a new chapter in the established Michael Myers saga, the film will surprise both classic and modern horror fans with a departure from prior films in the Halloween franchise. Audiences should brace themselves for unprecendented fear as Zombie turns back time to uncover the making of a pathologically disturbed, even cursed child named Michael Myers.
    Worst fucking movie i have ever seen in my entire life(i like the original-so this is not an anti-horror bash), it was so bad it should be in detention!!!
    orsonrockwell:

Worst fucking movie i have ever seen in my entire life(i like the original-so this is not an anti-horror bash), it was so bad it should be in detention!!!
    actually... the first 40 minutes are good. I like the way Rob Zombie shows in what kind of a family Michael Meyers grew up in and why he became an evil twat. But... the rest of the movie is utter garbage. It's just so Un-Rob Zombie compared to his last movies. the rest of the 60 minutes comes across as a very big rush job to get it out in time.
    I didn't like any of it, the scene where he uses that 'love hurts' song...i was dumbfounded...and that kid was really not a good choice....i honestly stand by my statement..."worst movie ever"
    Like it or not ~Some people are just crazy, I liked MM more when i thought he was just crazy, justifying his insanity not only slowed the movie down, it was also pointless and cliche
    yeah~ but i had no expectations for that shite... this should be a new thread...Worst Movie Ever...I would like to nominate ...everything Brian DePalma has ever made(and yes that includes Scarface)
    and everything James Cameron ever thought of...Titanic most overrated movie ever!!!!!!
    orsonrockwell:and everything James Cameron ever thought of...Titanic most overrated movie ever!!!!!!
    I'm proud to say I still haven't seen that.
  • edited August 2007
    the boat sinks, web.

;)

i never saw it either.
    The last decent movie Cameron made was Aliens
    I nver saw titanic as well.
    I think it's time to start a club :D
    Aliens is more than decent! it's awsomeâ„¢
    orsonrockwell:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_(2007_film)
    chicken:This looks good
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/
    1.18.08 aka project cloverfield
    still unsure if thats the actual name for the movie, if you haven't heard of this, there's a lot of speculation about the plot and it's a huge viral marketing campaign. J.J. Abrams, he's the guy that created the show LOST, is behind it. Supposedly the monster in the movie is going to be totally original.
  • edited September 2007
  • edited September 2007
    Iron Man

Robert Downey Jr. in top form. I can't wait =)
    Finishing the Game

The unexpected death of Bruce Lee, a worldwide phenomenon and established movie star, came at the zenith of his popularity. Having already shot scenes for his upcoming movie GAME OF DEATH, studio heads decided to complete the film by launching a search for his replacement attracting hopefuls from all around the world. FINISHING THE GAME is an uproarious, poignant, unpredictable and action-packed re-imagining of that casting process for Lee’s replacement and examines the leaps and bounds Asians have taken in media representation - or have they?
    Grace Is Gone

There was a time when Stanley Phillips (John Cusack) could see his entire life clearly. He dreamed of patriotic service and was destined for a military career. He came close to that dream until it was cut short simply because of his poor eyesight. Now he’s serving customers at a home supply store while his Sergeant wife is fighting in Iraq. Equally as awkward at home as he is at work, he’s raising Heidi, their twelve-year-old daughter and her 8-year-old sister Dawn. Although a loving father, Stanley is unable to conform to a more affectionate role and the girls miss their mother deeply. While tolerating his job and stumbling through parenting he is abruptly awakened when tragedy strikes. Ill prepared to deal with it himself, he is at a complete loss contemplating how to tell his children. Desperate to delay telling the children they embark on a spontaneous road trip. Grasping to give them their last moments of innocence, Stanley reveals a softer side as they travel to Dawn’s chosen destination – Enchanted Gardens Theme Park. The farther they drive the closer they become yet Stanley knows he must face the inevitable task of changing their lives forever.
  • edited September 2007
    I love John Cusak.. But his Sister Joan Cusak is ever so sexy...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000349/
  • edited September 2007
    blueshead:I love John Cusak.. But his Sister Joan Cusak is ever so sexy...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000349/
    Joan Cusack

Yeah.... I guess if I smoked a pound of crack I'd probably find her pretty sexy myself :smile:
  • edited October 2007
    Jimmy Carter: Man From Plains
    Jimmy Carter: Man From Plains is an intimate, surprising encounter with President Jimmy Carter. Following the path of Mr. Carter’s recent controversial book tour for Palestine Peace Not Apartheid, Academy Award©-winning director Jonathan Demme reveals a complex individual who, with the gusto and determination of a youngster, criss-crosses the country to get his message across, even as that message creates a media onslaught in which his credibility and judgment are called into question. Jimmy Carter Man From Plains explores both the private and public sides of Jimmy Carter, whose intense sense of justice compels him to pursue, with undiminished energy and hope, his lifelong and deeply spiritual vision of reconciliation and peace.