It's a sad day to start the New Years..

edited January 2015 in conversations
Good bye mick.. cries..

Comments

• edited January 2015
    there is no doubt in my mind that she is naked as a bird, dancing her heart out around a blazing fire to some fabulous music somewhere out there in the stars.
  • Yes, it's a sad start to the year blues' – strange to hear the news this morning, I'd not received the message when I posted in the 'mornin' thread – I did wonder how she was when the clocks were striking midnight.
  • Nos da, mickles! :)
  • edited January 2015
    Nos da, mickles! :)
    :)
  • edited January 2015
    ^Hold on...am missing something...Mick crossed over???

Big massive indescribable love for her!!!!!
    'it is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.'

Yo Mick...keep doing ya thang and keep rocking!
    Save me a dance xxx's
  • Sadly she has, Black Window.

I was reading through old messages from her last night and came across this one which made me smile.

"You were in my dream.
    We were sugaring, and the shack was so old that years of maple steam had impregnated the wooden walls with sticky sweetness. I broke off a "toothpick" and sucked on it as we stirred the sap over hot fires.
    It was so cold that even though our hands and faces were nearly scorched by the fire under the vats, our backs and legs were freezing.
    We'd made "fairy sugars"... hung coiled thread in the rafters for maplesugar crystals to precipitate on, and I said something about having to hide them from Finlay or he'd eat them all. You snorted and said "hide them from Mark, you mean", and we tipped our heads back and guffawed.
    Tipping our heads back brought our faces into the cold air, and the maple-y steam condensed on our eyelashes. When we laughed, the shaking caused tiny crystals to bounce off our lashes and ping onto our cheeks before they melted away.
    The moon was shining down through cracks in the shack and illuminating the fairy sugars, your laughing face, and the bouncing crystals.
    Dreams are a layered snapshot. That all took place in about 2 seconds; it took me longer to type it out than it did to dream it all.
    Lovely, though.
    x mick"

RIP, lady! x
  • edited January 2015
    ^Thanks Franco for the update.
    :(
    Where was the place she was living at that needed a ferry? Novo Scotia springs to mind.
    She will be so missed. I missed her loads more recently. Strange. Never get to actually meet but can still "connect."
    Blessings fazies. Lets all be real good this year
    xxx's
  • It was Hornby Island near Vancouver.

Regarding your "let's all be real good this year", I would add to that to be present and thankful. That's my goal anyway. :) x
  • bye mick.
  • Yes, thanks franco, that's so mick's way of thinking/dreaming...

...and I'm liking your and BW's thinking too, for the year ahead.
  • biggest ever :(
  • au revoir mick
  • did mick change her screen name?
  • no way :( mick has passed away? :( whut?!? how did it happen?

i was wandering for some time what had happened to mick, since she hadn't been around for some time now.

mick... :(
  • Well that is sad.
  • she wanted no 'RIP's, nor a public thread (oops!), you know she's dancing around some fire somewhere right now, having a ball!

(and by 'around a fire', i don't mean... well, actually... hehe :D )
  • i'm sorry to ask, but did i know mick?

maybe send me a pm or email about this?
  • I expect she's picking oysters and squidging the mud through her toes.

Still can't believe this news.
  • wtf? Really? :(
  • wtf? Really? :(
    Yes, afraid so.
  • FUCK

I've been away from this place way too long. I was only going through old messages the other day and came across a few from her talking wild cats and guitars. So sad.
  • Hey elliot' good to see you back…

…yes, bummer, ain't it.
  • hi elliott, good to see you (not under the best circumstances tho :( )
  • Jiminy. Just found this thread. Lost so many. I mean, it's been like 17 years, and we're bound to lose some, but still.
  • Oh. My. God.
  • ^Sorry Elliot but I don't think we are acquainted. Welcome back.
  • Okay, have had time to to get my head round this :(

She will be sorely missed. I assumed that because we hadn't spoken to each other for some time (turns out the whole of 2014), that things were okay and she was coping. Alas not. She was one of my closest friends, albeit friends only online. Our conversations left the public domain and ventured into email. She was a confidant, and someone who always offered excellent advice when needed. I hope I gave the same to her. I'm gutted, I realised now that she wouldn't have written 'that' email because it would interfered with whatever was going on in my life. Selfless till the end. Big love lady, I hope she's happy and free from pain on the other side. xxx
  • Yes she will @meska, won't she, I do find myself thinking about her.

She spoke a lot of sense.

…she sometimes missed a joke too!

:)
  • Strange how memories works - was thinking of her last friday.

Her birthday was July 17.

It's my sons birthday as well and I do remember how happy she was to share the day with him.

And now it's more than five years since her last birthday but for those who have been around this group since the 90s she will never be forgotten.

Heres to you Mick wherever you are.

Well it has been a long time since my last visit here too...

• (Hey @mikey 👋)

Wow, five years…

…yes, I do still think of her from time to time; it's funny how you can even in this virtual place feel as though you knew someone.

So how old's your son know?