the great big illustration thread

Comments

• ...and I'm thinking the others in the post are betterer! :)
  • oh, totes!

let's have some more of them then ;)

• edited May 2012
    i'm a sucker for this low-poly 3d stuff - relaxed colour palettes, add a bit of noise, voila!

http://dribbble.com/turnislefthome/projects/25438-Isometric
  • love that first one :)
  • edited July 2012

• beautiful work for a ripcurl collab from daniella garreton

tsevis' Yahoo! 2012 Games Coverage - NEW! : Graphics for Yahoo advertising campaign for the coverage of London 2012 Olympiad.
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks to depression, I sit around and draw all day. This was a request, Message requests! - Mermade Interp- @Schlosey
  • ^ fucking hott™!
  • edited May 2013
    lovely ordeal
    got some chops :)
  • skill level: asian.

• ^HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    My dad was an illustrator and portrait artist his entire life and would always go on about those guys that actually painted the pores in the skin, this guy is the king!
  • edited September 2013
    collaborating with a 4 year old

Not surprisingly, I LOVED what she drew. I had drawn a woman’s face, and she had turned her into a dinosaur-woman. It was beautiful, it was carefree, and for as much as I don’t like to share, I LOVED what she had created. Flipping through my sketchbook, I found another doodle of a face I had not yet finished. She drew a body on it, too, and I was enthralled. It was such a beautiful combination of my style and hers. And she LOVED being a part of it. She never hesitated in her intent. She wasn’t tentative. She was insistent and confident that she would of course improve any illustration I might have done. …And the thing is, she DID.

Soon, she began flipping through my sketchbook, looking for more heads. “Do you have any heads for me today?” she would ask me each morning. So I began making a point at night to draw some faces for her (which was my pleasure–faces are my favorite part, anyway). She would then pick up a pen with great focus, and begin to draw. Later, I would add color and highlights, texture and painting, to make a complete piece. Sometimes she filled in the solid areas with colored markers, but I would always finish with acrylics later on my own.
  • ^I luvs this!!!!
  • Those ^^ are awesome!
  • Ah, so beauty
  • it makes me want to do similar!

now, if only i could draw as well as the parent in the article to start with... heh
  • i guess i could get the kids to draw some faces, then i could scrawl some bodies around them ;)
  • that parent-child collaboration is so great. :)

chris... try the cooperative drawing game with the kids? you know... fold the paper in 3 sections (top to bottom) and one draws the head, the next the body, and then the legs. You, T. and C. could have a blast. :D
  • I saw these illustrations of simple Chinese ideograms and was enchanted. The set is small; I hope the author/artist has the ambition to do a lot more.

imageimageimage

Chineasy
  • Me and my daughter do a lot of collab drawing. She always wants to participate whenever I do anything. We used to play a lot a turn based character drawing game that was a lot of fun. (Basically take turns to draw one part of the body or accessory/feature only) the results were really awesome :)
  • edited September 2013
    Mick I saw these recently too but can't recall where. AWESOMNESSSSSSS!!!! LUVS THEM!!!
    Hope you ok honey ;)
    Just in case here are some xxx's
  • post some up, nacho!
  • oh, i like it. @sono did some great lowpoly stuff a few (lots) years back, loved that too :D
  • ^LOIKES the low pol. Yep am sold gonna adorn my walls with some ;)
  • little slice of heaven.

Alex Konahin, a brilliant young artist from Latvia, uses detailed Renaissance floral patterns in a new way to create incredibly beautiful and intricate pieces of art. He is already well-known and highly respected by a vast audience of artists, art critics and independent art appreciators, and he achieves all of this solely through his talent and the internet.

Alex Konahin’s distinctive style of drawing involves much use of floral patterns, cultural symbols and traditional ornamentation. The objects he draws most often are insects, wild animals, human anatomy and intense visual abstractions. After creating the carcass of a drawing with an old-fashioned pencil, Alex switches to pen and india ink as his main tools.

Alex is a self-taught artist who never had an art education. However, he had lots of experience working independently as an illustrator in various projects and individual orders. This was before real fame struck. He started publishing his artwork on the Net and, soon enough, he was flooded with positive attention and orders.

The artist claims that he wants to revive the main Renaissance concept of a tight relationship between the beauty of an idea and its realization. As the wonder of the New Renaissance evidently dwells in all his artwork, we believe the magnificent illustrator is on just the right track!

• ^OOOOoooohhhhhh Latvian illustrator FOOKING HELL BELLS!!!!!
  • I loikes this
  • i would wait til he was 99.9% complete and sneak up behind him and scream BOO!!! :D

imageimage

(apparently a few different artists, there was no specific credit where i found them, though, soz)
  • breaking bad goes gonzo, by steadman!

walter

jesse, bitch

gus

mike

saul
  • edited October 2017
    GoT pinups -

[spoiler]image[spoiler]
  • I really must watch GoT one of these days.
  • lol!

i have also avoided the bandwagon.