the great big graffiti, street art and alternative / guerrilla marketing thread

Comments

• edited October 2013
    ^Awesome!
    (This is in São Paulo)
  • that is also frickin' awesome. great concept, and pretty amazed that it actually got funded, too ;)
  • how the fuck do they make a concave window???
  • at a guess, in this instance i'd say they simply used flat panes of glass.

however, curved glass is pretty easy to make - just prop up both ends, heat it up, and let gravity do it's thing.
  • ^ I love this!!!
    Just like in real life a beautiful, well maintained Façade slips and reveals a vast worrying contrast.
    FOOKIN AWESOME!!!!!
  • edited October 2013
    i just found the 'before' on googlemaps, and it's a definite improvement ;)

also, surrounding developments lead me to believe that it was actually far cheaper to do than i'd first assumed. so that kinda answers my earlier question.
  • ^Just spied it as well and have to agree with you.
    Do you think the post man will have grounds for a claim for back pain where he has to bend over 90 degrees to post letters in letter box now parallel with ground ;)
  • I spy one small prob insignificant mistake...the Sky Satellite Dish is facing the wrong way in contrast to building next door (pic 1 above) where people no doubt live. 5 points for Gryffindor? :D
  • edited October 2013
  • ^Dampest clit :D
  • Chalk graffiti will be banned in Sydney, the home town of DIY Rainbows. $440 fine. This will also include kids playing hopscotch. Genius. Linky.
  • :) hi jargo!

that is so typical.. (the graffiti overkill). baby-bathwater syndrome was invented by bureaucrats, i swear.
  • "largest mural on an inhabited building" via Fubiz

the article shows closeups; i'll stick with the long view.

• :) hi jargo!

that is so typical.. (the graffiti overkill). baby-bathwater syndrome was invented by bureaucrats, i swear.
    Hi mick.

It's a bit daft. An ongoing fight between the independent Lord Mayor and the state govt. As part of the anniversary of Sydney's first Mardi Gras march a temp. rainbow crossing was painted in the heart of gaydom in Sydney. The state govt. ripped it up in the middle of the night after its official time had come in spite of pleading by the Sydney Council and most locals. Since then the DIY Rainbow movement has spread across the world.

The new law prohibits chalk drawings without permission. So in theory kids playing hopscotch, scouts doing orienteering and folk drawing on the pavement outside their houses can be booked and fined. This has prompted one council to paint a permanent Rainbow crossing. I'm guessing many others will issue some sort of decree allowing chalking to continue.
  • this sounds a lot like those laws which are passed by few, despised by many, and ignored by most. it will most likely have the opposite effect and directly cause an increase in chalk 'vandalism'.

power to the people.

by our dstryr (not sure if he has an account here, though hehe)
  • zomg, tre awesome!

• ^OOOoooooooo loikesy alots!!!! ;)
  • yeah I've watched about 1 billion times
  • edited November 2013
    haha it is awesome, fucking scale!! proper impact, love it.

and the video was really well put together, too. loved the dolly shots, again helping convey the epic scale.
  • should help drivers approaching the crossing to curb their speed!

• also, i'm not sure if this sign is *ahem* real...

• It's obvious! Some coont calling themselves "Narrow Lanes" is overtaking cyclists and endangering their lives.
    Cant get a sterner warning then a dedicated sign :D
  • edited January 2014
    lool! that actually makes sense (wtf is happening to me?!_ :D

banksy back in the south west?
  • ^OH SHITTING HELLS BELLS!!!!

I once upon a time was rather fond of Max Clifford. Prob not part of the masonic union hence the ruling against him.
  • nigel farage visited swansea yesterday.

he cancelled his planned city-centre walkaround though, due to fear of a kicking :D

also, this is the ukip billboard situated outside the liberty stadium (home of wales' only premiership club - who are we? JACK ARMY!) which greeted farage when he took his tour bus there for a little press get-together, away from the scary public hehe

Saw this Rone in Shoreditch recently
  • oOOoo lovely :)
  • Luvvlyjubbly
  • ^this is my new favorite all-time. beautiful.
  • orson had facebooked it earlier, but NEGLECTED to post it here.

...so it looks like i'm now orson's secretary, damnit.
  • orson had facebooked it earlier, but NEGLECTED to post it here.

...so it looks like i'm now orson's secretary, damnit.

should get hazard pay for that heh
    V.Good!
    I used a superhydrophobic coating and stencils to make art that only shows up when it rains.
  • i wonder, if i sprayed my driveway with that stuff in the winter would snow just blow off it? :D

New Mural by ROA for Puerto Street Art in Puerto De La Cruz