Jade Goodie

edited January 2007 in conversations
She got it a bit easy last night, didn't she? With no crowd and all? They should've had a crowd and armed them with rotten veg to throw.

I don't really think she's racist - just dumb as fuck and doesn't think before she opens that massive gob of hers but she still needs a good public flogging to pull her back down to earth and to make her realise that she's not as big as she thinks.

25th most influential person on the planet? My arse.

Comments

• edited 11:54PM
    my guess is that you won't be seeing much out of her for a while

i agree - racism is a ridiculous arguement to use against her when there's a wealth of other things that are far more obvious - talentless, pointless, mingin' (hard 'g') and the mother... oh the mother...

watching her squirm under the cameras last night was painful. It showed how little intelligence she has that she couldn't explain that if shilpa was from the north or scotland, goody would have still taken the michael out of her accent but because she has a different colour of skin, the politically correct crowd has jumped all over it and made a huge deal out of nothing.pricks.

This is not to say that she wasn't a massive bully, egged on as she was by her equally-brainless cohorts but racism played no part in it. I thought that shilpa going into the diary room with her to explain that she didn't see it as racism was the most gracious thing i've seen in ages, and i have no doubt that this was because she had worked out how damaging this would be for jade.

jade's done well for herself to get where she has but i think she'll find it easier to take her 8 million and 'do the beckham' thing by heading over to the states because she'll never live this down here because of her lack of redeeming qualities.

By the way, the fact that blair and brown both chose to mention it at all is a testament to how fucking atrociously desparate they are to get positive airtime and is utterly inexcusable - she's ignorant but they're just pricks imo
  • edited January 2007
    I don't think being at the heart of an international incident based on racism is getting off easy, when you're not a racist - when the media and public quoting allegedly racist comments which OTHER people in the house said but attributing them to you. Having death threats to deal with because she's been misrepresented. That's getting off easy?

Furthermore, and here is the irony in all of this for me. In no way is it ok to be prejudice towards someone based on their looks, race. But it's perfectly acceptable for the media (and people) in this country to call her a pig, pig-faced, etc - to take the piss out of her looks. The Sun even morfed her into a pig with a dodgy PS job. How is that ok but the former is not? Is it not the exact same thing?

I did not see the original Big Brother, I moved here after that. But I've sat here for years now trying to figure out why the public and media have been bullying this person when the reasons given for the hatred in no way call for or justify the feeling. So many hypocrisies, it disgusts me.

People LOVE to hate this person, and I find that infinitely scarier than anything that went on in that house.
    Who is she?
    She's a contestant from big brother a few years back who went back into celebrity big bro and has kicked up a big stir because of some things she said.
    i fear that the police force will be stretched to breaking point when they have to start arresting kids making fun of their classmates on the playgrounds around the world :(
    DENIED!
    also, she's got a funny accent!
    sock:DENIED!
    better now?
  • edited January 2007
    - scare people :)
  • edited January 2007

~ vomits onto the monitor
  • edited January 2007
    lolz!

this reminds me a little bit of the early 19th century witch hunts. i say we BURN HER!
    did she have her tits done?
    sock:lolz!

this reminds me a little bit of the early 19th century witch hunts. i say we BURN HER!
    The public has certainly regressed to that. Terrifying.
    it's not really the publics fault, it's the "news" media that's driving this bandwagon. i think they went over 50mph and can't slow down now.

oh, wrong thread...
    It's true it's been spun massively by the media, but the public have also lost the plot over it with over 40,000 complaints, calls for arrest, death threats, burning effigies, etc. which the media picked up on and ran with. Strange that these same people (in this country, India aside) didn't bother to 'take action' when numerous other housemates have been subjected to far worse.
    i think that to get 40k complaints, something needed to have been organised. it's not like 40k seperate complaints would have been made otherwise. it's all down to the media riling people up. fucking disgusting. all jade goody did wrong was to be slightly dim and gobby. poor jade :'(
  • edited January 2007
    I feel quite for sorry for her - i listened and watched (had to, Missus owns the damn TV) her, Danielle and Jo. Some of what she said is/can be deemed as racist. It was also insidious that Jo (smarter than the other two) did not correct Jade or Danielle and just said "that was really funny". There's nothing funny about (racist) bullying, I know this from experience and having it inflicted on me throughout first, middle and some of secondary school. It's the normal chat in any school playground. All minorities in the UK will have come across this kind of language at some point. It's a way of life for immigrants in this country. Hopefully this will teach the nation a small lesson in tact and understanding.

I was impressed by Shilpa, she handled herself with dignity, and her perceived notion of Jade's inflections were true to the outside world's (rather hasty) reaction. I do think that Big Brother should have exercised some sort of damage limitation exercise and reprimanded the contestants, but of course it was all about ratings - and how on Monday there something like 2 million watching, and by Friday 5.5million had tuned in. They should have nipped it in the bud. Now i can't wait to see what Jo and Danielle have to say about it, i think they're just a culpable as Jade - they egged her on along with that dimwit Jack and she's ended up worse out of it all. The other three really haven't got anything of importance to come back to, but Jade has two kids that are forever to going to hear bad shit about their mum. Not nice.
  • edited January 2007
    You have some great points, meska. You're absolutely right that there is nothing funny or sound about bullying, racist or otherwise. From my perspective, in the argument Jade had with Shilpa she went over the top - a few anger issues there, me thinks. But nothing in the argument was about race, it was about class - if anything, as Jade argued that she thought Shilpa was stuck-up and needed to realize that in that house, she was just like everybody else. Jade wasn't putting herself above the woman as is evident in typical racist bollocks, but attempting to point out that they were equal.

Afterwards, Danielle made some comments which I would call racist - like "I wish she would fuck off home" and "she can't even speak english properly" (the irony being that Shilpa has a far greater grasp of the English language than both of them) and Danielle should be held accountable for those things, not Jade. Though, Jade was a racist from that day forward, often being quoted as having said them. The fact that people can't separate personal problems that someone has with a person with problems someone has with a culture undermines the seriousness of racism, in my opinion.

The truth of the matter - from my perspective (again, I've witnessed publicly sanctioned media bullying of Jade for years for being 'monumentally stupid, pig-faced and a fat slag'), is that the media and public don't care whether she's guilty or not - again, people love to hate her and it only serves to feed the hate campaign. Somehow, in all of this talk of bullying and being prejudice towards someone for whatever reason - the irony that the media and the public en masse have been doing this to this person for years seems to be lost on most. Hypocrisy at its best! It's not right on any level and does anything BUT promote tolerance based on difference.
    Yeah, I do agree she doesn't deserve this much and she definitely is getting more grief than other people have after making similar remarks. Had it been anyone else in the house she'd had a feud with and said harsh things, she'd have gotten away with it.

I think in the future Ofcom should wait to publish figure of complaints until the dust settles because the running commentary of complaint figures as they come in really did encourage more and more people to complain.

Also, channel 4 said that 5.6 million people watched on one night and in total theres been 40000 complaints, then thats only 0.7% who disagree (added with media spin) and if you were to look at viewer figures over the amount of time which they've poured in, I bet it's an even smaller percentage. So, while I'm sure a lot of people disagree with what was said, it seems the vast majority weren't overly offended. I wonder how many of those complaints were directly aimed at Jade and how many at Danielle, etc?

Anyhoo. I still would've liked to see her get rotten cabbage thrown at her the other night. Not necessarily because of the racism malarky, but just for a laugh (and to bully her a bit).
  • edited January 2007
    http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s1i13966
    There were celebrations across Britain yesterday after it was announced that pig-faced Nazi and Big Brother evictee, Jade Goody, would be banished to a deserted rock in the North Sea.

Jade, along with her floppy flippered mother and deadbeat fiancee Jack, will be booted out of the country on Tuesday and told 'don't come back'.

The deserted rock measures 3 square miles from end to end and, in the months of May and April, it is covered in shit from nesting puffins.

Jade and her family of workshy morons will be forced to forage for nuts and berries to stay alive and wear animal skins to keep warm.

Survival expert, Ray Mears, told us, "The Goody clan will have to live in caves and learn basic survival techniques, such as fire lighting and puffin hunting. Their chances are not good and I fully expect them to revert to cannibalism within 6 months."

The atmosphere in Britain, however, was festive, with street parties and bonfires taking place up and down the country. Although there are fears that Channel 4 is planning to install cameras on the island and televise the whole thing 24/7 on E4.

Pensioner, Ethel Bumstead, told us, "It's like VE day. Everybody hates her and it's been a long time since we had a banishing. I was disgusted at what she said about darkies."
    i know nothing of this.

what's up with the attacking a person with slurs on their looks? people are born with turned-up noses, etc. i had a sad feeling when i read someone calling her "pigfaced".

on one hand.. slag someone because they have the face they were born with.

otoh.. wonder (seemingly in a mean way) if they've had plastic surgery.

this kind of television seems like a very bad thing. :) i predict it won't last.

x
  • edited January 2007
    mick:what's up with the attacking a person with slurs on their looks? people are born with turned-up noses, etc. i had a sad feeling when i read someone calling her "pigfaced".
    yeah, i didn't say it. just quoted it. surprisingly, of all the things written this week about her, on google news, it shows up third in the list of search results for her name:

http://news.google.co.uk/news?q=jade+goody&num=50&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&pwst=1&sa=X&oi=news&ct=title
    mick:

this kind of television seems like a very bad thing. :) i predict it won't last.

x
    hehe :D
    to me it seems the english are hiding the fact they are racist by everytime something like this comes up they jump on everybody that complains as overly sensitive politically correct

seriously... WAKE THE FUCK UP
    huh?

There are all sorts of issues surrounding this, not just racism. My whole stance with this is about fairness, judgement based on facts and responsibility of the media in reporting. I'm not sure how that makes me racist, if that's what you're implying - I've always thought of myself as quite the opposite really.

There is certainly racism in this country as I've come to experience first hand on many occasions. I'm an immigrant, so it comes up often with people (usually taxi drivers) who have lots to say on issues surrounding immigration, culture, ethnicity. It's a problem for sure, but there are all sorts of other types of intolerance that are equally disturbing which this situation brings up rather clearly.