The great big "Sheesh!" of the day thread

ihcihc
edited March 2007 in conversations
post the stories that make you go "sheesh!*" in this mental world of ours

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/bradford/6456961.stm

* excalamations other than "Sheesh!" may be permitted

Comments

• edited 6:10AM
    for fucks sake people - those fucking muslims ARE WE NOT ENGLAND FOR FUCKS SAKE! who gives a shit about them.
    lol!

stop sitting on the fence, midget - let us know what you really think!
  • ihcihc
    edited 6:10AM
    if its not muslims its the gayers

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006763693
    chris:lol!

stop sitting on the fence, midget - let us know what you really think!
    me? sit on the fence - NEVER, now where did i put that orange box?
    ihc:if its not muslims its the gayers

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006763693
    thier loss - long live Sir Elton
    yeah elton almost tempted me to become gay when i heard 'tiny dancer'...i mean its a great fucking song~
    but then he wrote 'im still standing', and i was all like...fuck it i'll just stay hetero

The world is insane!

Sheesh!
    the old stuff is great - not so keen on the new

mostly thats my muic taste really - old is GOOD. new is....*cough*
    Does it have to net related? Cos it's gone past 4 on a Friday, and i'm still at work damn it. Should be in the facking pub by now!
    meska:Does it have to net related? Cos it's gone past 4 on a Friday, and i'm still at work damn it. Should be in the facking pub by now!
    Sheesh!! :)
    Sheesh! someone is actually teaching thier kids the RIGHT things to do and say :D

btw, my biggest "Sheesh!" today was caused by post #2 in this very thread ;)
    HAHA!
    While I can understand why people might say it, Folks, leave your children OUT of politics and let them be children.
    lol @ Chris ^
    Yeah, true biff, true
  • edited March 2007
    My guess is that you guys wouldn't like these then. :wink:

• edited March 2007
    Biff:While I can understand why people might say it, Folks, leave your children OUT of politics and let them be children.
    I concur...Where as i think it is right for a parent to try to instill similar values, its insane to impress things that they cant even comprehend...not sure if i'm saying this right, but if my child is going to hold up a sign that says anything, he/she would need to understand what it meant, and believe the validity of the statement, granted i dont hold any signs, hope my children never have to....having said that~ Bush is a bloody wanker!!
    oh yeah...i dont have any children~so no worries!
    No, Verum. Using your child to make a political point - any political point - is crass and tasteless.
    Sheeesh!
    Those Americans and their burgers

Sheesh!
  • ihcihc
    Neckties 'unsafe'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6465695.stm
    Sheeesh! i hate ties anyway!
  • ihcihc
    not a laughing matter but his 'defence' is a classic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/6470621.stm
  • ihcihc
    not news but definitely a sheesh

after lots of problems with ebuyer.com's performance in safari - they now sniff for safari and return a 'lo-res' version with little or no layout

on the brightside it still functions rather than ignoring safari users - but its a bit lazy
  • edited March 2007
    from ihc's link...
    "He thought both of them could put themselves forward to earn money on the site, but to nobody's surprise there was little interest in him."
    REALLY? :D
  • edited March 2007
    middigit:Those Americans and their burgers

Sheesh!
    Burgers are awesome. I ate burgers for lunch and dinner for a week straight. It was the best week of my life.

Sheesh: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6477891.stm

Al Gore and his global warming. It's a fact global temperature are on an upward trend. Whether a) they will continue this way and b) it has an armageddon style effect seems to be under debate. Either way, he's not a scientist and has zero knowledge of the subject. He's an attention whore who wants to be the savior of the world.

Cows are responsible for more greenhouse gasses (those believed to be responsible for global warming) than cars are.
  • ihcihc
    edited March 2007
    yes because cows would have existed in that many numbers without the intervention of man also :awkward:
  • ihcihc
    edited March 2007
    mach, watch some of this - great global warming swindle
  • ihcihc
    less a sheesh, more an ouch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6485481.stm
    I never knew plaster would do that. That's something that I never learned at school and I have done a lot of plaster stuff (art school). Or it may have been taught, but I don't remember that.

That should be talked about more. I can especially see how that could happen to the young kids at art class and easily too.
    TEST
    mach:
    middigit:Those Americans and their burgers

Sheesh!
    Burgers are awesome. I ate burgers for lunch and dinner for a week straight. It was the best week of my life.

Sheesh: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6477891.stm

Al Gore and his global warming. It's a fact global temperature are on an upward trend. Whether a) they will continue this way and b) it has an armageddon style effect seems to be under debate. Either way, he's not a scientist and has zero knowledge of the subject. He's an attention whore who wants to be the savior of the world.

Cows are responsible for more greenhouse gasses (those believed to be responsible for global warming) than cars are.
    I dont find it surprising, but i am a bit annoyed that 'the global warming' debate has become so politicized. I dont take anything as scripture, and i believe both sides of the debate have valid points, but I have a feeling Al Gore has studied the subject a hell of lot more you have. I'm not saying everything he says is right, just saying to state he has "zero knowledge of the subject" comes off a bit crass!
    your house = myspace!
    About 200 youngsters caused damage put at £20,000 to a family home after a party organised on a website.

Police said a teenage girl used the social networking site MySpace to advertise the party while her parents were away from home on Easter Monday.
  • ihcihc
    the daughter is staying with friends for a "cooling off period"

how long would you take to cool down after find that had happened to your house i wonder

she's 17 and therefore eligable for permanent eviction methinks
    Just received wet proofs on a job, and client wants to make text changes...

Arggggggghhhhhh!
    lol, you make that sound like it's not a regular occurrence?
    Well not normally here, but this is an exception!
  • ihcihc
    Scientists working on formula milk that prevents child obesity

Use of hormone could be only 10 years away - Research raises medical, legal and ethical questions

British scientists are working on a baby formula which would chemically restructure the metabolic system of children to ensure they never becameobese.
  • edited April 2007
    chris:fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me!
    David Hodgkinson said he was fed up being a single man

then get a fucking new haircut :awkward:
    chicken:
    chris:fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me!
    David Hodgkinson said he was fed up being a single man

then get a fucking new haircut :awkward:
    LMFAO! :D
    "zizzi" is french slang for todger, too, jamm.
  • edited April 2007
    Matthew Bookspan (a) screws around with Cocktail, a utility that exposes expert-level system features; (b) notices the Unix /usr/ folder, which contains a ton of essential OS components, and which is normally invisible for users who aren’t using the terminal or screwing around with things they don’t understand; and then:
    Knowing that I already have a Users folder and the multiple Library folder(s), it seemed reasonable to delete it.
    This, of course, rendered his entire system inoperative. The funny part is that he wrote an article blaming the whole thing on Apple, on the grounds that the Mac is supposed to be “intuitive”.

Sheeeeeeesh!!!!!
    "The other day I used some expert tool (I think it’s called a “wheel wrench") to remove my car’s wheels. Lo and behold, just behind them I found these hidden things called ‘brakes’. I didn’t know what they were for, not being much of a car nut, so I thought it seemed reasonable to remove them.

Later that day I found my car wouldn’t stop, and I drove straight across a major intersection and had a big, big smash up. I’m writing this from my hospital bed - I’m lucky to be alive!!

And they sell cars to ordinary people without engineerigng skills! Are GM mad, or what? "

:D
    HEH!
  • ihcihc
    I'M INTO MY 85TH WORKING HOUR THIS WEEK - THATS SHEESH ENOUGH FOR TODAY!