A Gamer's Alphabet_ WE DID IT !!

Comments

• edited 11:29PM
    :(

it's a fragile thing, depending on 20 different people at once.

do your best, all of you.
    deadline?
    are we posting what we did here? or waiting for it to be complete first?
    i got your letters, wormy. :) thank you for bearing down and getting them done; you really are a champ. they're both excellent.

nicko expressed a preference for waiting until the book is out; no one seems adverse to that. heh.. it's a good way to make US buy the book, yes?

blueshead said...deadline?

CommentAuthor mick
    * CommentTime Aug 5th 2009

This is a fundraiser for Marissa.

Plan:

A collaborative effort to illustrate a Gamer's Alphabet to be made into a book ready to sell. This is a fundraiser for Marissa and her family.

The book should go to the printer by Monday, November 2, so as to be ready for promotion and sale for the December holiday season.
    This means the artwork is DUE by Monday, October 26. (noon Pacific Standard Time)

Target audience:

People who love Marissa. people who love Biff, people who want to help promote awareness of I.S and its sequelae, people who love gaming, people who know people who love gaming. Family-friendly, but not necessarily for small children.

Specs:

Colour palette of your choice.

RGB

300dpi

Page size: 7×7 inches (18×18 centimeters)
    After trimming: 6.88 x 6.63 in (17.46 x 16.83 cm)

High-quality jpg is ok.

Send competed artwork to: gamersformarissa@gmail.com

jesse and wormy have both given me updated info on what name goes on the credits.
    Hai guys. As usual I've left this to the last minute, but rest assured I will be emailing my artwork by the end of the day today!

I'm in oz so I'm not sure whether that makes me early, late or on time for the deadline...
    And sent...
    And sent...
    This afternoon...x
    envoyé !
    got the submissions, dear people.

Toby, i emailed you.

having comp. troubles, here. i'll do my best to keep up.

x
    the pictures of Fairfax in a pile of game controllers just came in.

thank you, Biff. :)
    Mick's hard drive is conking out. CC your work to marissasbunny@gmail.com also, please.
    Sent to both. Name credit as usual: Meskadon.
    I can not wait to see the work people!
    finally, i just sent my shit
    sent'd

/me is actually amazed
    as is meska
    hah!

hang on just a minute... :P
    HöHóHø :D
  • pjpj
    edited 11:29PM
    sent :)
  • edited October 2009
    checkoff list updated, my friends. a huge THANK YOU to all of you who bore down and got done before the deadline.

there's some awesome work here, people. it's going to be a wonderful little book. :)

we need letters from:

SDoh

jedrek

baseisdead

Matt

Cyansfriction

blueshead

do your best to get these in, please. i'm in trouble as far as setting the package up; my hard drive is dying and .... it's not fast or easy. it took all afternoon yesterday to do 2 pages.
    update....

sono's is on the way.

via a friend, jedrek's ".....not done yet"....."

meska and Biff are doing the covers. They have the password to the gamersformarissa site too.

I need for the people who haven't finished yet to let us know how it's going, please.
    sono's letter is in.

there was a misunderstanding about the brief with Toby. it's sorted out and all is good. be-jot picked up the letter X.

:)
  • edited October 2009
    Right peeps, i've got the work so far, and daaaam it looks good.

However, i'm going to have to kneecap the following if you don't show your stuff toot sweet!

SDoh

baseisdead

Matt

Cyansfriction

blueshead

Chop chop Headz!
    I have prodded Jed, SDoh, Matt and cyansfriction this evening :)
    Thanks mate.
    i am sorry i have been lagging so much on this one, ill have it ready soon.
    ah sorry! in the process of moving and have no internet at the moment :depressed:

just saying sorry for being late but I am working on mine, and I need about a day or two
    Cool, thanks for letting me know - just get them in by Friday if you can please.

Blues, Baseo, you guys too.

Thanks for your help!
    you know, where to find me...

;)
  • edited November 2009
    ^ LOL

be-jot ended up doing jedrek's letter, too. :D recall that jedrek wanted 2 letters? this is prime tease material. be-jot, you are a champ.

as you might be able to guess, meska has kindly taken over the layout work. he's serious about the kneecapping, you late letter lingerers. *NOD*

Here's the list again...moved downthread for your viewing convenience.

A by ShaneDoh ✔
    B by nimmot ✔
    C by Courtney Semeniuk ✔
    D by Bartek Jagniatkowski ✔
    E by jano ✔
    F by Lee ✔
    G by chris ✔
    H by Nick Raven ✔
    I by Andy Reedman ✔
    J by Mick Metoo ✔
    K by baseisdead has made contact
    L by Christie Ortiz ✔
    M by Jesse Steinfort ✔
    N by Ve. and flak ✔
    O by Matt Krygowski ✔
    P by Bartek Jagniatkowski ✔
    Q by Courtney Semeniuk ✔
    R by Meskadon ✔
    S by nimmot ✔
    T by Skyler Vander Molen✔
    U by Jussi-Petteri Kemppainen ✔
    V by Nick Raven ✔
    W by Cyansfriction
    X by Bartek Jagniatkowski ✔
    Y by Jussi-Petteri Kemppainen ✔
    Z by Skyler Vander Molen ✔
    list updated... all name prefs aren't in yet, but... soon, i hope.

i'm typing out the dedication (again). I'll definitely want Biff to factcheck. ;) Biff, you have to ignore any gushing, ok?

c'mon slowpokes !!

the "no contact" thing is kind of hard to take; we don't know if we need to pull something together at the last minute or not.
    just sent in O
    yay!
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 11:29PM
    (~where's Cyansfriction?? ...giving St.Louis a bad name!) :-( where's blueshead?
    4 more to go? I can not believe this thing is actually that close!
    whew, Matt, thank you!

list updated.
    Cool cool, let's hope we can wrap it over the weekend.
  • edited October 2009
    As life, the internet and art goes on, things should not be static anymore. Our kids will easily cut n paste a web addy ,or read a book, As I am a non graphics artist and a non static person... Here is the letter ----Y------- "As in Y did you frag me"

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1454475/Y.mp4

so in the gamers alphabet.. simply post this link.. the kids will understand it, more then us.. :happy:
    well, blues' ......

at least you didn't forget.

i'm going to repeat something i've said a couple of times during the letter submissions:

i think it's lovely that you care and want to help. apparently you didn't read the brief closely enough.

and next time you play ... duck more.

i tried to play Doom a couple of times many years ago. it appears to me that not much has changed.

x
    mick said...well, blues' ......

at least you didn't forget.

i'm going to repeat something i've said a couple of times during the letter submissions:

i think it's lovely that you care and want to help. apparently you didn't read the brief closely enough.

and next time you play ... duck more.

i tried to play Doom a couple of times many years ago. it appears to me that not much has changed.

x

I think what I did will be settled in the Future.. Books and other reading or visual materials will and should be Interactive, I'm sorry and apologize if my vision is wrong..... but it's not wrong.. This is how things are changing.. I stand on having my link posted, Instead of a pretty Picture..
    Perhaps in the future, but not today.
    Oh you douche.
    Does the Y still need doing? I could whip something up tonight.
    Yeah, jussi. If you could, that would be great.
    Sent..
    Jussi, you're a LEGEND.

No news from the Yay boys.

Just to let peeps know, this project is important to the people who have committed time and effort to help in some way towards our friend Biff. It's understandable that people have busy lives and often things will get in the way - but it would be good if you do want to contribute now and in the future, the least you can do is a) finish the task required or b) if you can't, let people know asap, so replacements can be acquired.

Now hurry up!
    yes, jussi. :) you're a star. ... and you whipped up something damned decent (as in .. excellent) in record time (and with a hangover, to boot!).

thank you

x

and.....
    HEY !

SDoh

Cyansfriction

baseisdead

:(
    i am telling myself that if only my HD hadn't gone toes up that i would be cranking out substitute letters... GOOD ONES.. really fast.