the great big interior design and accessories thread

Comments

• edited 7:15AM

Lamp/Lightbox. more cool stuff at Hommin Design
    ok, i've ordered a glass top pool table.
    ~ there's no blindness, like sno' blindness, like no blindness i know... ~

For the master cheese Sanae Hisada Tokyo, the Japanese architect Kotaro Horiuchi has made the interior of the Salon du Fromage, shop and restaurant nestled in the heart of the first district of Paris. On the ground floor, visitor flows freely in pristine surroundings, Figurative and abstract at a time, between the displays, under the hanging lights that looks like Swiss cheese cubes... more >>>

A unique light source
    . The lamp lives in the corner of a room, creating a glowing triangle that seems to blend-in and stand-out simultaneously.

A steel bracket containing the light source mounts in the upper corner of a room. A magnetically attached fabric diffuser attaches to the bracket to complete the iconic light fixture.

---

i've had an idea similar to this, too, but i don't think i have any right-angles in the house.

Wafft
    is the name of these furnishings designed by the Japanese Tani and Matsumua using a plywood which is a hybrid between aluminum and beech wood.
    another ribbony table of wood, these things are great :D

Enignum
    by Joseph Walsh

Plain English Osea Kitchen
    via remodelista

industrial enough for ya?! Tipos Infames, a coffee and book shop in Madrid by MYCC.
    chris said...
    A unique light source
    . The lamp lives in the corner of a room, creating a glowing triangle that seems to blend-in and stand-out simultaneously.

A steel bracket containing the light source mounts in the upper corner of a room. A magnetically attached fabric diffuser attaches to the bracket to complete the iconic light fixture.
    nice!
    too bad about the electric cord though. I wish that was tidier.
    tardis murphy bed!

tardis murphy bed
    veryfunnybones said...
    chris said...
    A unique light source
    nice!
    too bad about the electric cord though. I wish that was tidier.
    tie some ribbons on the cord and now is a kite lite :P
    hah! awesomes
  • edited May 2011
    mick said...
    Tip Ton Chair
    I have admired Barber Osgerby for a few years now. Their Tab lamp (for Flos) confirmed my appreciation.

imgTag

Now they've got a book coming out and they sent a few pages (.pdf) out to everyone on the email newsletter mailing list. It's nice.
    thanks for the link to the pdf, cheapo. seeing it at a slightly different angle, i get why you like that lamp. me, i couldn't tell by that straight-on view.

ps.. welcome!

this lamp caught my eye. it's the big teardrop-shaped lumps demanding to be grasped.

A joint venture between JOBY and designer Peter Stathis has produced a 102-diode LED lamp that may win over even the most ardent lovers of incandescents.
    Trapeze
    ps

this is an interior accessory. vital.

k.olin
    I've no idea what it is, but I'm pretty sure I need one.
    another country furniture design
    medesignmag said...British firm Another Country will be showcasing several new additions to their range of contemporary furniture as part of the A.S.A.P. design collective at this year's Clerkenwell Design Week, which begins in London today.

Building on the success of their 'Series One' collection which launched last September, Another Country have come up with a new desk, two new coffee tables, plus a bench with a backrest, all beautifully hand-made in solid wood in their workshop in Dorset.

Another Country's selection of stools and bar stools will also be on display, as well as its popular daybed.

Another Country's Paul de Zwart says;

"Our designs call on the familiar and unpretentious forms of the British country kitchen, Shaker, traditional Scandinavian and Japanese woodworking. It's the spirit and functionality of these honest styles that we endeavour to reinterpret for a modern customer."

The firm are also launching a new retail partnership with twentytwentyone. Visitors to twentytwentyone's showroom in Upper St, Islington, will be able to see Another Country's square and rectangular coffee tables and its new pottery collection from late May onwards.

If this whets your appetite, then get ready for more later in the year as AC will launch the full Series Two collection during the London Design Festival in September...

www.anothercountry.com
    ^ check that link out, another country have some lovely simple, honest work to view on their site. om nom nom, you know?
    they sure do. i really like their plain 3-legged milking stools. the day beds look cool, but don't look very sturdy to me; i could be mistaken. ;) i'd have to jump on one for a minute or so and see if it breaks.

i wonder what the weight of 5,800 nails does to this table. the legs don't appear to be steel. (i like the table, btw)

Peter Sandback

the ampersand lamp is their most popular and it was out of stock last i checked. the other options can be seen here.
    cool, other than the really shitty base. boo! :D

binary low table
    - they do chairs, too!

now, i know what (one of) mick's reactions is to this, and no - i wouldn't want to be in charge of keeping it clean, either.
    peg lighting design

Peg uses a simple clamp mechanism found in a clothespin rather than the traditional twist socket utilized in most household lights.

Steffi Min
    Industrial Design

polished pebble tables

(ok, they are made from cork and mdf, not pebbles)
    clothes before hoes said...Like a polished pebble from a riverbed Marco Sousa Santos’ Lasca tables are softly rounded but unlike them, rich in texture thanks to its cork construction.

Made of agglomerated cork with a lacquered MDF table top, Lasca comes in different shapes and sizes. Says Lasca producer Materia, “Lasca functions as a support or work surface. Steadier than a tray, more practical and unrestricting than a table, you can use it to rest a TV remote or glass, prop up a computer or set your notebook or reading material down.”
    flat pack design ash table with powdercoated steel hardware

New Basics
    Jonah Takagi 2011

New Basics are a collection of flat pack tables that apply a simple and graphic language to a system of legs, hardware and surfaces. The collection features recycled honeycomb tops with a durable HPL finish, laser cut and powdercoated steel hardware and legs made of FSC Certified Ash.

flat pack design ash table with powdercoated steel hardware
    1692-architecture-design-Chaise-chair-Hiroshima-Naoto-Fukasawa
    Fibonacci Vines Quilted Wall Hanging
    heavy wooden sleeper bench with steel side table
    heavy wooden sleeper bench with steel side table
    chris said...1692-architecture-design-Chaise-chair-Hiroshima-Naoto-Fukasawa
    you've a good eye, chris (reading up). the chair is exceptional.

my treadle sewing machine has a lamp just like this; if the machine ever dies a final death, the lamp will definitely become something like it.

sewing lamp

these futon-chairs are a great idea, but is babyshit green trendy these days?

this Brickmaker's table and the sewing lamp both come from Restoration Hardware
    hotness!
    the lamp and table, not so much the futon chair things.
    the chair thing is fugly, for certain

but i have a vision of taking a serrated knife to a twin-size mattress, cutting the form, and then doing the duct tape thing. ok, i like cutting up mattresses. *blush*

this is so lovely. LED moon.

i'd be tempted to play catch with it.
    accurate, too, it should be noted.
    glad you mentioned that, chris. i forgotted.

speaking of bathtubs (I was)... i almost covet this, if for no other reason than the size. square corners in bathtubs seem a place for mildew.

but gosh it looks damn cool. :D

via Apartment Therapy.
    right, i like that. i like that a lot. :D
    Restaurant & Bar Design Awards winner (for club, duh) - Smack, Leamington Spa (of all places!)

well... that certainly is cheerful. ;)

it must have been fun programming the light sequences.

best. cradle. ever.

Nick Offerman
    ... for Moses. :)
    gotcha :D
    this is rather ugly... but i think the concept is pretty cool.

you can move the single "keys" up and down as needed with the piano bookshelf.
    coloured concrete floor tiles, awesome.

coloured concrete floor tiles
    they certainly are. i wonder if they have pieces to make straight or curved lines at the edges of the pattern.

speaking of cradles....
    ooh! i LUV that ^ :)
    coracle! (ok, no, it isn't... :D)
    nope, but with a couple of ox hides and a little time..... :p

this one's odd. it is ugly ugly ugly....

and i really see the benefit of the cradle/chair. with a few pillows, a parent could be comfy for a feed or a cuddle, then babe lays down in a spot that is prewarmed and smells familiar. :D

• edited August 2011
    The Pirate and Punisher-Friendly Skull Chair by Vladi Rapaport «linky»
  • edited September 2011
    nexus pendant lamp
    Taking inspiration from town and city grids, NEXUS reflects the pathways and connections we create in journey.Kitset comes complete with light fitting and simple step-by-step assembly booklet.