damien hirst's diamond skull

edited July 2007 in creations
i did a quick search, i'm sure that there's something about it posted here though. well, anyway...

supertouch blog posts the making of the skull with pictures. hirst didn't make it though, no, he's all above that now (in fact, he hasn't done much 'production' work on 'his' art for a very long time). i think i preferred the platinum teeth to the real ones used in the final piece...

Comments

• edited 4:08AM

^ wooster collective, fucking with perception
    "diamonds are forever damien"
    I bought three of them :happy:

vortexual
    I'm not a Hirst fan, but there is something rather succinct about this piece which I quite like. Even if he didn't make it. ;) What's perhaps even more interesting, is who will buy it. George Michael and his partner were allegedly interested but as far as I know it hasn't sold as of yet.
    diamonds + skull + too much fucking money = who cares?

" most talked about piece of art" .... by who.... I guess we're talking about it, but I'm pretty sure there is alot more art out there being talked about for its artistic value then its $$ value which I think is vastly more important.

* proceeds to collect all of the worlds diamonds so he can super glue them together in a ball to win the biggest waste of space award*
    i think Banksy and Hirst is gonna collaborate on some furniture that you paint using crushed diamond paint

vortexual

Christoph Steinmeyer

Disco Inferno